When you visit our website, www.petparentz.ca (the "Site") owned and operated by Petparentz Ecommerce Incorporated., ("PETPARENTZ," "we," "us," or "our"), we ensure any information that we collect is completely safe and secure. We published this notice to help you understand:
- When and why we collect information from you
- How we use the data that we collect
- Who we share your data with and why
- What your rights are concerning any personal data we collect
What Information We Collect
We are dedicated to collecting data only when it is essential to improving your shopping experience and the ease with which you can interact with our site. The information we collect is either "Personal Information," information like your name or email that can be used to personally identify you, or "Non-Personal Information," information like your IP address or browser type that does not personally identify you.
Personal Information We Collect:
- When You Create an Account
- First Name
- Last Name
- When You Place an Order
- Full Name
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- Credit card number (we do not store this information)
- Shipping Address
- Billing Address
- Purchase Order
- When You Contact Us
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Record of Live Chat or Email Messages
- When You Submit a Product Review
- Full Name
- User Submitted Images/Videos (when applicable)
Non-Personal Information We Collect:
- the IP address of your computer and the country that it is located in
- The items in your current cart
- the type of browser software that you are using
- the dates and times that you access our website
- the website address that linked you to our site, if applicable
- search engine search terms used and clicks on our advertisements
- other data about how you navigate and use our site (i.e. what you click)
How We Use Your Information
We want you to know how and why we use all the information that we collect. Everything we do with your data is done for one or more of the following reasons:
- Legitimate interests, when your data is used to allow us to provide you the best possible browsing, shopping, and delivery experience;
- Consent, when your data is used in a way that you specifically agreed for us to use it;
- Contractual, when your data is used to fulfill a contractual agreement;
- Legal obligation, when your data is used due to a legal or statutory requirement;
Check out the section below for a full explanation of the main ways that we could use your data:
How we use your contact information (Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Delivery Info)
- It will be to set up your user account, send you order updates via email, text message or messenger, send information about new products, back in stock or special offers, detect and prevent fraud
How we use your payment Information (we do not save any credit card info)
- It will be used to process your order, detect and prevent fraud
How we use your message history with us (via email, text message, or social media)
- It will be used to provide you customer support, identify common issues with our website or our products, train our customer support team
How we use your purchase history and cart
- It will be used to allow you to make a purchase, handle returns, exchanges and cancellations, notify you via email or text message when you leave items in your cart, track sales trends
How we use your browser and network information (IP Address, Browser/Phone Type, etc.)
- To display website information relevant to your current country (currency, shipping charges etc.), improve our website experience, protect our data and our website experience
How we use your site usage information (what pages you visit on our site, the link you clicked to get to our site, the dates and times you visit our site, etc.)
- All site use information is anonymous and viewed in aggregate (so it does not identify you and we don’t see your personal history). We may share this information with third parties for research and analysis, identify issues with our website and to enhance our services.
How we use your submitted photos/videos (via product review requests)
- We may display photos/videos that you submit to us via product reviews or social media channels. This lets other customers see how great our products look in person
Where We Share Your Information and Why
We have not and will not sell your information to a third party, ever. That would be a direct violation of our promise to keep your data safe and secure. We do, however, share some information with trusted partners who help maintain our privacy mission. They fall into a few categories:
Shipping & Delivery
We need to share information with our shipping partners so they can get your order to the right doorstep. We only work with highly respected delivery services like USPS, FedEx, DHL etc. and share as little personal information as possible.
We use third-party payment processing providers in order to take payments securely. This keeps your sensitive credit card and other payment information safe. We do not store your credit card information on our site.
Fraud Detection Agencies
We may work with credit card reference and fraud detection companies to ensure the safety of our customers and our business from fraud crimes. This allows us to cancel fraudulent orders before the victim is affected.
We work with select third parties to improve our website technology and experience. We share limited information only when it is absolutely essential.
We work with third party companies for marketing features such as product reviews and email notifications. Any personal information that they use is limited and secure.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We retain your information as long as it is needed to provide services to you. This can include as long as you maintain a customer account with us or as long as needed to provide our customer support services - if you have a message history with us. There are a few reasons we may retain your information for more or less time than the above-stated scenarios:
- We are required by law (an existing regulation or one enacted in the future) to retain your information for a longer period or delete it in a shorter period.
- You exercise your right to request that we delete all your information and we do not have existing legal obligations to hold on to it.
- We enter into a legal claim or other proceedings that involve your information. This could include fraud, abuse, terms & conditions violations, or another type of legal dispute. We will then retain your personal information until the proceedings and any appeals have concluded.
If you gave us your clear consent, we may send you marketing messages via digital channels such as (but not limited to) email, text message, or social media sites. We will only send messages via the channel or channels that you agreed to receive messages through.
Every marketing message that you receive from us will contain clear instructions on how you can unsubscribe from receiving any future marketing messages via that channel. If you are unable to find how to unsubscribe from a specific channel or wish to opt-out of all marketing messages at once, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ensure you are opted-out and removed from our marketing message system.
To make such a request, please contact us the following address:
Petparentz Ecommerce Incorporated,
10318 Whalley Blvd, Surrey BC V3T4H4, Canada
You have a number of rights to ensure your privacy and the security of your data:
- The right to know the extent of information we collect and where it is used
- The right to have your information corrected or completed if inaccurate
- The right to have your information deleted
- The right to restrict how we use and process your information
- The right to request we copy or transfer your information to you or a third party
- The right to object to your information being processed by us
- The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing (like receiving marketing messages) at any time
- The right to complain to your country’s data protection regulator
If you’d like to exercise any of your above rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Policy Towards Children
We will not knowingly collect any information from any person below the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and know that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will promptly delete the personal information of anyone under the age of 13.
How to Contact Us
You can contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding your personal information. We will act quickly to fulfill your request to the full extent of your rights.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party’s cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.